My life..by Owen Collins Jennings

Follow my adventures as I get older each day. I have a happy family and the best Mommy you can imagine..Here's to our new life! from me, Owen

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My birthday and the beach!

Can you believe that in exactly 108 days, I will be one year old? Can you believe it? I cannot!

I wonder what kind of birthday party I will have?

There are so many themes to choose from.

"Imagination Movers" (my FAV!) I love those guys!












"Chuggington" (a bit baby-ish but I like it),








OR..."Handy Manny" maybe (he is so cool!)..


the possibilities are endless!









What I DO know is that I am only inviting those who truly love me and my mom and have supported us along this scary journey. And that means... family only!

That's it! Family only…no one else. That is what life is all about, after all…FAM-I-LEEE!

Oh, wait, but I will invite Miss Lisa, of course, (MWAH, Miss Lisa!) and the rest of the Whitefords - I love them so!!…but that’s it…no one else..














(Isn't that hilarious!? That's Charles in the center with my Mom and the Whiteford's. Mr. Chuck took the picture from our hotel balcony!)

Well, I'll probably invite the doggies..Sophie, Jamie, Mitchie and Piper..but that’s ALL! No one else!

I think…

I wanted to tell you everything I have learned these past 8 months:

  • I can sit up all by myself for long periods of time now…
  • I can roll over every which way..
  • I can hold my own bottle
  • I can pinch things between my thumb and my forefinger, which in a baby's world is a HUGE accomplishment!! You big people take this fine motor skill for such granted..

(Do you like my big words? FINE MOTOR SKILLS - I don’t know what that means but it's cool that I have a motor!)

What else?? Um…OH!

  • I can eat solid foods now although I don't like most of them.

My mommy has given me pretzel rods to suck on - YUMMO, a frozen Oreo cookie- DELISH!...yellow cheese..I didn't like it..Bits of chicken; it was ok…Miss Lisa let me have a cracker – it was tasty, and then Mama gave me a squished-up pear; Yum!

I will keep trying new foods every day . My mommy says I have to wait 3 days before I try something new though in case I have an allergic reaction..I don't know what an allergic reaction is but it sounds scary and I don't want one.


SO......IT'S BEACH TIME! Grandmom and Mommy are taking me to the beach this weekend to spend time with Aunt Amy, Uncle Tommy and my cousins, Amanda and Zachy...

and the twins, Emily and Elmo…(I mean, Adam)















Aren't they all so cute!?? God love 'em....they are so fun..they love me so much but, then again, most people do…Why do they love me?

Because I am IRRESISTIBLE!

I bid you adieu!

3 comments:

  1. You are too cute! I hear you have a new friend at daycare. His name is Quint. His mommy works with me at the office.
    Love you bunches,
    Grandmommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about inviting Abby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might invite baby Abby...she is my girlfriend after all! MWAH, Abby, MWAH!

    ReplyDelete

Hi..it's me..Owen..Leave me a message! MWAH!